What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Claiming Deadline and Hartzell

N804RV

Well Known Member
Still haven't heard from Van's about my paid-in-full Hartzell prop. Has anyone else?

I'm in this exact same situation...
My prop, paid in full in June / July, never heard anything for over a month. Chased up Vans, they said they didn’t know. Chased up Hartzell, they said “oh yes, shipped to vans a month ago”. Called Vans back, “oh yes we’ve found it sitting on a shelf, we’ll get it shipped”. Hartzell can confirm where it’s at… send an email to enquiries. Someone called Kristin got back to me straight away. I’ll refrain from posting the email address here. I received my prop mid August.

Per Avweb the new owners of Hartzell have increased prices a month after buying Hartzell. Some prices have more than doubled.

I guess I'll go ahead and file a claim now and see what happens. Not hearing anything at all even after a Hartzell rep told me he was going to "talk to Greg" specifically about my order is a little disheartening. I know its all probably due to "legal procedure" at this point. But, I think it sucks that my prop got tied up in the Chapter 11 proceedings to begin with.

Back