What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Changes at KRBD Dallas Executive

NTex

Well Known Member
Some of yall may have heard that Dallas was thinking putting money into improvements at Redbird, and it appears they now have the funding and are going on with the project.

I'll copy the email I got below, but in a nutshell they are extending/resurfacing RWY 13/31, starting in the summer of 2014 and ending in fall of 2016.

For Phase I of the project it will also affect RWY 17/35 for work at the intersection of RWY 13/31.

Just FYI - let's hope this doesn't affect anyone too much. I'm a little concerned about being to Phase I prior to these changes going into effect. Guess it's time to hurry up!

Email below:
Ambassador Jet Center, Inc.

To: All Tenants of Ambassador Jet Center
On Friday September 27, 2103 the City of Dallas unveiled plans to reconstruct runway 13/31 at KRBD. This $33 million dollar construction program is scheduled to begin sometime in June of 2014. The construction program will be executed in four phases and will result in a runway of over 7000 feet to better service aviation in Dallas specifically the Southern Sector of Dallas.

Included please find the presentation as it was presented by the City of Dallas Department of Aviation and the engineering firm contracted to guide the construction process. Within this presentation are critical dates applicable to the four phases and the subsequent runway closures associated with each specific phase.

Ambassador Jet Center is currently working with the City of Dallas to provide a solution for our jet and turbine customers for the period of time when the 13/31 runway will be unable to accommodate our valued jet and turbine customers. Details to follow soon. Our piston aircraft will not be affected by any residual runway closure during the entirety of the project.

From time to time you will receive an update through email to guide you through this construction process. We appreciate your patience during this process and are available to answer any questions.

Link to: Construction Summary PDF file
http://origin.library.constantcontact.com/download/get/file/1114009317256-3/ExecutiveRunwayConstructionSummary2013.pdf

Back