What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Catto Ground Adjustable Prop for RVs in the works

I like the new website too! Seems to have more info than before. I especially like the explanation of three vs two blades and the different pitch options for the IO320 fixed pitch prop. It answers some questions that I had in the back of my mind.

If anybody wants to see how it attaches see Trent Palmer's U-tube channel. They tested one on his Kitfox. Lots of good info.

Not a flattering review. They should have done all the modifications first to get it to work properly on Trent’s 915 before shooting the video. A good comparison would be between it and the Sensenich ground adjustable prop, which the later I’m thinking, will be faster in cruise With both props pitched for climb. I would also like to see, on a digital level, that the blades are the same pitch after tightening all the bolts, a weakness in setting the Sensenich prop using their pin system.

Not a flattering review. They should have done all the modifications first to get it to work properly on Trent’s 915 before shooting the video. A good comparison would be between it and the Sensenich ground adjustable prop, which the later I’m thinking, will be faster in cruise With both props pitched for climb. I would also like to see, on a digital level, that the blades are the same pitch after tightening all the bolts, a weakness in setting the Sensenich prop using their pin system.
There is no winning. Make a video to get some info out there showing progress, ppl complain. Not put the info out there so the company can develop the technology quietly, ppl complain about that too. :unsure:

There is no winning. Make a video to get some info out there showing progress, ppl complain. Not put the info out there so the company can develop the technology quietly, ppl complain about that too. :unsure:
Not complaining, just stating fact. I know quite a few people who were on the fence and now are holding off until more testing can be done. I don’t think that video did the company justice, since this is the second one. Trent flew down to Catto and the prop was installed, run, but not flown, due to FAA restrictions at that time. It still wasn’t making RPM. I’m surprised they didn’t pickup on the compatibility with the 915 during the video at that point. I wish the company the best. I’m one of the ones on the fence, but will wait until more positive reviews.

Last edited:
I’ve been running the 3 blade catto since 2006, but looking to change it up. I’ve been looking at the ground adjustable whirlwind, but will hold off until the catto release.

Back