What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Can you identify this hose?

AAflyer

Well Known Member
The fuel hose supplied with my AeroSport IO-360 is long enough to run from the servo to the spider, but I want to add a "Red Cube" somewhere on it. Unfortunately, I installed after many hours of battling Adel clamps and re-running other wires and tubes and hoses,?and now this fuel line is buried deep behind a lot of stuff I REALLY don't want to remove. So, it this line is Teflon, or rubber under the gray, wrinkly fire sleeve, would cutting it and installing AN fittings be possible with hand tools?

Thanks for your help.

why cut it?

Why not just leave the hose as is and connect it to the red cube then get a new short hose to go from the red cube to the fuel flow divider?
You may need to change the fittings on the cube and fab up a bracket, but that's part of building.

I may end up doing that. I'm looking at attaching the Red Cube directly to the spider as others have done, but am concerned about metal fatigue and cracking at the attach point.

Why not just leave the hose as is and connect it to the red cube then get a new short hose to go from the red cube to the fuel flow divider?
You may need to change the fittings on the cube and fab up a bracket, but that's part of building.

I did exactly that. The red cube is installed inline with a longer hose down to the servo and a shorter hose thru the rear baffle to the spider. No problems in 240 hrs.

That looks like a Bonaco line. Probably stainless steel braided over Teflon. I would cut into it. I'd do what others are suggesting.

Back