What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Brenham (TX), Saturday, 27th - lunch?

Ironflight

VAF Moderator / Line Boy
Mentor
Anyone interested in lunch at Brenham on Saturday - assuming this dang cold rain finally lets up? I plan to be there at 1100 if the weather permits.

If it's still raining, I plan to order a fuselage kit and build a canoe..... :rolleyes:

Paul

I'm in...

Always looking for somewhere to go! How about making it around 12:30 or 13:00 so I won't have to be late this time! :D

Unfortunately Walt, I have to be out in New Braunfels by 1300, so I think I have to stick with an early time....maybe others want to do a later shift though!

Paul

Paul, I was going to e-mail you tomorrow. I was looking for a lunch flight this Saturday. I should have my exhaust back on the plane and ready. Short maintenance flight and I should be able to tag along. :D

Karl

Sounds like fun. If the weather is good, I'll grab the autopilot (my son) and head on down. See you there!

RV8N said:
Paul, I was going to e-mail you tomorrow. I was looking for a lunch flight this Saturday. I should have my exhaust back on the plane and ready. Short maintenance flight and I should be able to tag along. :D

Karl

Glad to hear you're almost back togetehr Karl - here's hoping the weatehr is good so you can test it out!

Paul

They've been talking rain for today and Saturday for two days now....but the aviation forecasts look a whole lot better than that! Still hope to make it tomorrow morning!

Paul

Had burger w/Blue Bell malt in Brenham today. Great day for flying. Weather permitting hope to see you there Saturday.

Mark
N410MR

Mark said:
Had burger w/Blue Bell malt in Brenham today. Great day for flying. Weather permitting hope to see you there Saturday.

Mark
N410MR
Me too! We came in just after a -7A and -10. Was that you guys?

Our first time there. Really enjoyed it. Chocolate malts are as good as promised. Doubt we will be back tomorrow, though, given the WX.

I got a photo of the beautiful C195 on the ramp ... I'll post it along with a photo of the RV group.

Dang. I'm out for Saturday. I'm on Mr. Mom duty (yoga instructor is instructing yoga). Have fun for me!

b,
d

Mark said:

Mark
N410MR

It really was nice this afternoon, and I sure wish I could have gotten in the air - but I had to dive earlier in the day, so no flying until tomorrow morning....no desire to get the bends!

Paul

Doug "The Other Doug Reeves",

That was Chuck Imken in the 7A and me in the RV-10. We fly out of Lockhart. Brenham and Coopers are two of our favorite places. Sorry we didn't a chance to visit.

It's raining here in Austin this morning (Saturday) and the forecast is for more of the same so getting over to Brenham is looking pretty iffy.

That was a great looking 195.

Mark

Mark said:
It's raining here in Austin this morning (Saturday) and the forecast is for more of the same so getting over to Brenham is looking pretty iffy.

Mark

Raining here in Houston this morning too....TAF's have been amended to keep raining longer....doesn't look real promising - I'll probably go tinker on the airplane, and if/when it clears, go up to Brenham, but can't redict when - still have a later appointment.

Paul

The current forcast on Intellcast says it will break up some this afternoon. The radar shows the back side passing Victoria. Don't know if it will clear in time for lunch but maybe I can do my maintenance flight this afternoon... I hope. :cool:

Karl

Turned out nice....but way late!

Karl and I both decided that a rainy day was a good day to do some maintenance. He was reinstalling his exhaust, and I was changing spark plugs. Amazingly enough, when we were finished about 1330, the skies had parted and sun was peeking through a 2,000' ceiling. We saddled up and headed to Brenham - climbing through a nice hole once we'd cleared the Houston Class B, we ended up at 10,000' for the short trip, for no other reason than "just because"....just becasue it was a beautiful day to be in formation on top!!

Burger was good, weather was nice - if only I'd had a camera, I could have had a bunch of great shots of Karl's very nice -8, but alas....it was not in the plane.

We'll have to try and outsmart the weather and get a group there another day.

Paul

Ok, some photos from our trip to 11R last Friday! These are from my new Canon SD800IS, which is turning out to be a good flying camera - small, simple, 7MP, decent noise, $350 price tag and, above all, image stabilization. I'm still working on getting it fine tuned in terms of exposure compensation to prevent washout.

We arrive at 11R after a bad landing (I will not divulge who was PIC ;) ) just after a -10 and a -7A.

11R-ramp_web.jpg

A beautiful 195 was on the ramp when we were leaving.

195_web.jpg

We flew down to IWS for fuel and to see a friend, then took the Katy Freeway VFR corridor past downtown to the San Jac Monument.

skyline_web.jpg

We fly over Huntsville and are struck by the juxtaposition of our freedom in the skies and those below. We fly on being thankful and happy for what we have.

the-joint_web.jpg

The airplane is happy to be back home.

Heave-ho_web.jpg

You can see out "N" number graphics are off - long story, but we are changing the registration to N621CT and there was a goof up with the paperwork, so we had to change the numbers back until that gets fixed...

Wishing you CAVU and tailwinds,
Doug

Back