What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Brake lines

texdog

Well Known Member
Does TS Flightlines have hoses from the bottom of the gear leg to the calibers?. I don’t like the big loop of the aluminum line

TS Flightlines brake line on a 14.

IMG_3008.JPG

They do and the hoses come with the correct fittings. I have the gun barrel drilled legs and it took me longer to get them out of the box than to install.

The lines are flexible, so is it actually necessary to loop them in the same way as is done with the more rigid aluminum tubing?
Necessary? I'm doubting it but that's what their manual depicts. The potential relative motion between anchor points is essentially nil and expansion wouldn't be a concern. My only guess is this would help assure any minimum bend radii are not exceeded transitioning from the caliper to gear leg. They have no control over wheel pant selection/application where an issue could occur. Once again, my only guess. Maybe Tom will chime in.
Screenshot 2024-03-25 085830.png

Necessary? I'm doubting it but that's what their manual depicts. The potential relative motion between anchor points is essentially nil and expansion wouldn't be a concern. My only guess is this would help assure any minimum bend radii are not exceeded transitioning from the caliper to gear leg. They have no control over wheel pant selection/application where an issue could occur. Once again, my only guess. Maybe Tom will chime in.View attachment 59222
WE started wraping the 14A Beringer hoses after some builders stated there was alittle side loading from the hose. Typically the hose would route along the aft side of the gear to the caliper, see the Beringer pics--

Attachments

• RV14A GEAR 2.jpg
    RV14A GEAR 2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 68
  • RV14A GEAR 3.jpg
    RV14A GEAR 3.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 74
WE started wraping the 14A Beringer hoses after some builders stated there was alittle side loading from the hose. Typically the hose would route along the aft side of the gear to the caliper, see the Beringer pics--
Can you get me smarter here, Tom? Side loading on the caliper? Isn't the Beringer design floating disc/fixed caliper? Is it enough to matter?

Back