What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any RV4, 6 or 9 tailwheel builders in the SE Michigan area ?

KeithO

Well Known Member
Any RV4 builders in the SE Michigan area ?

Would like to make contact with any tailwheel RV builders in the Ann Arbor to Grand Rapids general area. I would like to buy some parts from Vans that are restricted to builders only. Specifically RV4 main gear legs. The wheels/brakes package does not seem to be restricted. I'm converting a different airplane from nosewheel to tailwheel configuration and using Vans parts is by far the fastest, easiest way to go.

If anyone could help a fella out, it would be greatly appreciated. Send me a PM here on the forum. Thanks.

Last edited:
The -8 is a little higher both in empty weight and gross. 1067 to 1800 is what it gives weight wise. So one would expect those legs to be fairly stiff on a lighter airplane.

For the -4 it is 903-1500 which is a perfect match for my Arion Lightning. The -9 is almost the same as the -8, a bit on the high side. Vans has removed the specs for the RV6 from the website but I think it uses the same gear legs as the current RV9.

Vans has removed the specs for the RV6 from the website but I think it uses the same gear legs as the current RV9.

No. 99.9% certain the RV-9 uses longer main gear than all of the other 2 seat models. Necessary to get the higher lift wing of the -9 closer to a full-stall attitude at landing.

Back