What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any CFIs in the South Texas Area?

jfrank71

Well Known Member
I am interested in brushing up on my IFR skills and working on a commercial rating. Would like to find an instuctor in the area. Based in COT but willing to fly up to 100NM to train.
Thanks

I'm in the process of adding a retract switch and three green lights to the panel of my -10. I figure the examiner will be so excited to ride along, he won't notice the gear are still down while traveling 170kts. LOL

I was hoping to find a loaner plane for that portion of the check ride. I understand some examiners will let you make the pattern in a retract, then do the rest in the RV. Haven't figured out all of the details yet.

I'm in the process of adding a retract switch and three green lights to the panel of my -10. I figure the examiner will be so excited to ride along, he won't notice the gear are still down while traveling 170kts. LOL

I was hoping to find a loaner plane for that portion of the check ride. I understand some examiners will let you make the pattern in a retract, then do the rest in the RV. Haven't figured out all of the details yet.

Look in the PTS, it says what has to be done in the RG, the rest can be done in any airplane. (Examiner has to agree to fly in the EAB).

Back