What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AntiSplat Pre-heater plug

rvanstory

Well Known Member
Getting ready to install the AntiSplat pre-heater. Looking for advice for where to run the wire and plug for easy access.

Any pics would be appreciated.

I had to extend my original wire so I could plug in by the oil door. Would be nice if it came with longer lead plug.

I had to extend my original wire so I could plug in by the oil door. Would be nice if it came with longer lead plug.
How'd you get from bottom of engine up through upper cowl area? Did you drill a hole through baffling for the wire?

I found the wire to be plenty long, easy to route as shown.
51596EDF-3D5E-43C1-B2E1-B0271F690A58_1_105_c.jpeg

I routed and attached to the same location as David’s photo, being careful about non-abrasive points. Would’ve liked it a tad longer, but it was just enough length. Give Allen a shout if you need it longer.

Thank you for posting your pics. Helped my understand how others are putting by oil filler tube. My oil filler tube is in the high pressure area of the upper cowl between cylinders, not behind it. (IO-540). So, I'm guessing lower cowl exit may be best place for my plug.
IMG_1929.jpeg

How'd you get from bottom of engine up through upper cowl area? Did you drill a hole through baffling for the wire?
My oil access door is aft the baffles so the wire just comes from the bottom pilot side drain plug and comes up the back the engine

I found the wire to be plenty long, easy to route as shown.
I like that clamping mechanism to secure the plug. Mine is just tied right onto the engine mount and the plug head flops around. I feel like I need to copy this.

Back