What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Antisplat oil separator return line

Bavafa

Well Known Member
For those who have installed the oil drain back from the separator, did you make your own line or did you purchase it? If purchased, can you share where to get the line?
Also, any advise against installing the separator right next to the breather line mounted on the engine mount instead of the firewall? To me this puts a short line from breather to the separator instead of a longer line doing a 180 to the firewall.

I bought my return line from TS Flightlines. I mounted mine to the firewall per the instructions so can’t comment on mounting anyplace else.

Thanks for the info. It looks like the plug for my return line is a 3/8 NPT. Do you know if you used a reducer or just a line with two different size AN fitting. The fitting on the separator is a -4 if my info is correct.

Make sure there is enough breather line from the engine to allow for movement of the engine without putting stress on the separator.

Thanks for the info. It looks like the plug for my return line is a 3/8 NPT. Do you know if you used a reducer or just a line with two different size AN fitting. The fitting on the separator is a -4 if my info is correct.

I used an AN 4 flare to 3/8 NPT union

Attachments

• IMG_1100.jpeg
    IMG_1100.jpeg
    26.8 KB · Views: 38
I used an AN 4 flare to 3/8 NPT union
Excellent, would you happen to have a part number or where you got it from? I looked on spruce and couldn't find it there.

Edit: Thanks again for your lead, I found it on Amazon and have ordered it.

Last edited:
I recently ordered the separator from Antisplat, and also got the install kit and vacuum crankcase evacuation setup all at the same time..

Install kit

Spruce also sells an install kit that includes the hoses. I just installed mine and found that using the premade return line in the kit limits where you can place the separator without interference. I finally found a place on the firewall that worked, but it was not where I intended to place it initially.

Back