What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aerobatic instruction

glen25781

Hey guys and gals,

I am looking for a good CFI who teaches basic "gentlemen's aerobatics" for some refresher training in the simple fun of loops and rolls. I used to do those quite a bit in my previous 6A but sold it in 2005 and now need some updating since I bought my present one, N447BD last December. My last couple of planes were non-aerobatic.

I am based at 54J in the Florida panhandle (Defuniak Springs) and would be willing to travel to the right instructor but don't want to go a thousand miles to do that. Most schools on the web only train in their own aircraft, but that doesn't work for me...I want training in my own plane. It is beautifully built and well maintained so the safety factor is there.

I have 40 years of experience and 2000 hours so I am not a novice. If anyone has contact info for a good instructor please pass it on. I will pay flight expenses and hotel, etc if they want to travel here. Thanks in advance..

Glen Horne
404-310-6048
[email protected]

I'm curious about how you'll deal with the 1375 lbs aerobatic weight limit for the RV-6?

I bet with Appropriate Limitations

I'm curious about how you'll deal with the 1375 lbs aerobatic weight limit for the RV-6?

Staying in CG limits, lowering max G for increased gross weight, and accepting an appropriate definition of “gentleman’s” acrobatics.
Glen, if I weren’t in AZ I would happily offer my services.

Staying in CG limits, lowering max G for increased gross weight, and accepting an appropriate definition of “gentleman’s” acrobatics.
Glen, if I weren’t in AZ I would happily offer my services.

Glen, go see Alan Moore at Patty Wagstaff's aerobatic school in St. Augustine.

Most schools on the web only train in their own aircraft, but that doesn't work for me...

It really WILL work for you. Sounds like you mostly need a confidence refresher. About any aerobatic airplane will do. You can start by looking up IAC aerobatic schools in Florida, though many are no longer in operation and most are not in the panhandle area. Still, many parts of FL are not that long a flight for an RV.

Staying in CG limits, lowering max G for increased gross weight, and accepting an appropriate definition of “gentleman’s” acrobatics. Glen, if I weren’t in AZ I would happily offer my services.

I'm in Tucson and in the process of acquiring an RV4. Maybe we can talk later.

Back