What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

10 Years in VZX

rv6ejguy

Well Known Member
It was 10 years to the day of my first flight in my RV6A C-GVZX today. How quickly time goes by!

I went up for a quick test flight this morning trying to narrow down my vexing comm problem which has plagued me for months. I think I've finally narrowed it down to an intermittent channel on the intercom.

The day was crisp and clear. Other than checking the operation of the radio and the new cabin heater system, I wasn't scanning test instrumentation for a change, just enjoying the flight and the nice view of the city and some wisps of fog hanging over a dam a couple miles from the airport. Flying is just so cool. :)

The RV has been good to me and I still enjoy flying it very much. I reflected today on how fortunate I am to be able to own and fly it.

This was a nice moment today. She purred like a kitten with the fresh engine and new mods working perfectly in harmony.

I've enjoyed the learning, building, modifying, tinkering, designing and testing many new ideas. I wouldn't trade in all that for anything.

Back