What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Front seat back materials

Dalpilot

I bought an F1 rocket that was built with race car seats and they are uncomfortable as can be. I want to put in traditional seat cushions but need to find out what materials, (part numbers if possible) are used to construct the seat back. Any chance anyone has that info from their 4 build? The seat back is the same in a rocket and RV4. If you happen to have the page out of your manual you would share that would be awesome.

Thanks so much.

Tim

I have a set of RV4 plans I'll take a pic and pm tomorrow when I get out to the shop. Also I'll get you the part numbes for some additional parts that made the seat a little nicer. I made a mould for rear seat back top. I wanted a carbon one. It you are interested I could lay up another to help out.

See Drwg. 32 for RV-4 Seat Back Details

You almost need to see the whole drawing, and I don't have the capability to take a picture, shrink it down, and still be legible. I don't have the 11x17 preview drawings, so can't help you with the smaller version.

But I did take these pics to see if it puts you on the right path.

Thanks - HFS

Attachments

• RV-4 Front Seat Back - Drwg.jpg
    RV-4 Front Seat Back - Drwg.jpg
    387.1 KB · Views: 73
  • RV-4 Front Seat Back Side View - Drwg.jpg
    RV-4 Front Seat Back Side View - Drwg.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 58
RV-4 plans

You almost need to see the whole drawing, and I don't have the capability to take a picture, shrink it down, and still be legible. I don't have the 11x17 preview drawings, so can't help you with the smaller version. But I did take these pics to see if it puts you on the right path. Thanks - HFS

Oh, those take me back! That is how I made my front and back seats and they both work well. I had to reinforce the back seat top some but both are very comfortable. I have risers for both the front and back seats to boost them both up to support the legs better. Race car seats? I can't imagine....:confused:

Oh, those take me back! That is how I made my front and back seats and they both work well. I had to reinforce the back seat top some but both are very comfortable. I have risers for both the front and back seats to boost them both up to support the legs better. Race car seats? I can't imagine....:confused:

They are ok for about an hour then it sucks.

Attachments

• B941FA7A-64B4-4DA1-BC90-28FA2D370C59.jpg
    B941FA7A-64B4-4DA1-BC90-28FA2D370C59.jpg
    452.8 KB · Views: 142
Back