- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 06-01-2021, 10:20 PM

Smile RV14a - Broxy's Bird (NZ)

Hi there from down under in New Zealand, I'm in Whakatane (No that isn't a swear word) in the Bay of Plenty and its not called the Sunshine Capital for nothing. My RV14a Empennage kit arrived a little over two weeks ago, inventory is done and I'm itching to drive my first rivet on the vertical stabilizer. The lead times are so horrific that I've already placed my order for Wings & Fuselage so I have about 8 months plus shipping time to get the tail feathers built.

I've wanted to build a Vans for over 20 years, did buy an RV7 empennage many years ago but never started it and went travelling instead, the matched hole computer aided design of the RV14 brought it back to the top of my bucket list, now I just have to build it.
Old 06-01-2021, 11:33 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Default Welcome to VAF

Andrew, welcome aboard the good ship VAF

Rv-10, N210LM.

Flying as of 12/4/2010

Phase 1 done, 2/4/2011

Sold after 240+ wonderful hours of flight.

"Flying the airplane is more important than radioing your plight to a person on the ground incapable of understanding or doing anything about it."
Old 06-04-2021, 03:43 PM

Default RE: RV14a - Broxy's Bird (NZ)

Hi Andrew

Exciting news - another RV in the Bay of Plenty!
I have sent you a PM with contact details for the Bay of Plenty chapter of the NZ Sport Aircraft Association.
Please get in touch. We have several RVs in the group and have regular flying activities (often to Whakatane).
There is plenty of mentoring help available in the group to help you with your build.

Cheers
Jim
New Zealand