- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-15
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Will Vans debut the RV15 at Oshkosh22 as part of their big 50 year anniversary?
Yes 99 53.80%
No 85 46.20%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2021, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKE JG View Post
Depends.... is it a QB or standard kit....
/ducks
Or if it's primed or not!
USAF Vet, High School E-LSA Project Mentor.
RV-6 Flying since 1993 (sold)
<rvmel(at)icloud.com>
Old 12-14-2021, 08:34 AM

Default About me

Well it depends if I finish my 9A by then. you see it is all about me. Vans won't release the 15 until i finish my 9A. Because then I would be really tying up the customer support line!

WARNING! Information presented in this post is my opinion. All users of info have sole responsibility for determining accuracy or suitability for their use.

Dues paid 2022, worth every penny

RV9A- Status:
98% done, 2% left to go
Structure done (less gear)
Electrical/Panel done
Firewall Forward 95% done
Fiberglass 70%
www.pilotjohnsrv9.blogspot.com
Old 12-14-2021, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel View Post
Or if it's primed or not!
And which primer!
N588DF RV12 #336 built, sold and alive and well in New York
N73DF RV12 #244 built, sold and alive and well in Florida
N91 RV RV9 I wish I could say I built this one! Mark Santoleri hit the ball out of the park on this gem.
Old 01-15-2022, 03:20 PM

Default Anything…?

It would be nice (and appreciated) if they gave us something more to go on. Even a little more info, details, a photo, their progress, anything…

Some of us are ready to start building NOW, and none of us are getting any younger.

I’ll give them until Oshkosh 2022 to at least provide some substantive information, otherwise I’ll proceed on with my next project based on what is actually available in the market.
Old 01-19-2022, 06:04 AM

Default Probably No Flying Aircraft for Osh 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickW View Post
It would be nice (and appreciated) if they gave us something more to go on. Even a little more info, details, a photo, their progress, anything…
I agree. They could at least provide basics of the design which should be locked in by now since they supposedly have the wooden mock-up done. If the mock-up is done, they should know how many seats (tandem vs side-by side if it's a 2 seater), approximate engine size, strutted vs cantilever.

When they announced at Osh21, they said "We will be done before Oshkosh next year to the point where we can have a picture to show that." A picture could be a photo of a flying aircraft, or a cartoon illustration of a concept.

Factor in the unprecedented burden Vans now has with the backlog of orders, labor shortages and supply chain issues, I think the best we'll get is a cartoon illustration. I know they mentioned R&D being independent of their production, but these are crazy times, and they made commitments to paying customers. They have zero commitments to the RV-15 crowd other than a picture of a plane for Osh22.
Old 01-19-2022, 07:05 AM

Default The taste of reality . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyNSoCal View Post
I agree. They could at least provide basics of the design which should be locked in by now since they supposedly have the wooden mock-up done. If the mock-up is done, they should know how many seats (tandem vs side-by side if it's a 2 seater), approximate engine size, strutted vs cantilever.

When they announced at Osh21, they said "We will be done before Oshkosh next year to the point where we can have a picture to show that." A picture could be a photo of a flying aircraft, or a cartoon illustration of a concept.

Factor in the unprecedented burden Vans now has with the backlog of orders, labor shortages and supply chain issues, I think the best we'll get is a cartoon illustration. I know they mentioned R&D being independent of their production, but these are crazy times, and they made commitments to paying customers. They have zero commitments to the RV-15 crowd other than a picture of a plane for Osh22.
And new product introduction before it is fully baked just gives competition and head start with an inferior aaahh -errrr less developed product. Lots of shiny things offered in neverland of OSH, it is so easy compared to a fully developed product (Vans of today) and only serves to stop right-now purchases.

Cartoon it is.
Old 01-27-2022, 09:57 AM

Default You got that right

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbuilder2002 View Post
I would say say your thinking is correct.
Amen.
The video is pretty clear, like many other businesses right now, Vans demand far outweighs supply and product can only be produced at a given rate with available supplies, shipping delays notwithstanding. My guess is the RV15 concept may be announced but kits being available may be a while, or longer.

When I was building my 4, Van would occasionally answer the support line and there were only two RV models.

Times have changed..
V/R
Smokey

Last edited by smokyray : 01-27-2022 at 10:09 AM.
Old 01-27-2022, 11:52 AM

Would not be surprised if Vans slows down or delays development of the RV-15 due to need for staffing on delays on existing products.
Its not like they are hurting on sales and need a new product to bolster their revenue.
Elk Grove, CA
Old 01-27-2022, 04:26 PM

Default Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceW View Post
Would not be surprised if Vans slows down or delays development of the RV-15 due to need for staffing on delays on existing products.
Its not like they are hurting on sales and need a new product to bolster their revenue.
As I said above, it is all about me. They WILL release it when my RV9A is done. So when you see my first flight announcement this year, that's when it will be released. So if you are waiting, come help me finish the 9A!

WARNING! Information presented in this post is my opinion. All users of info have sole responsibility for determining accuracy or suitability for their use.

RV9A- Status:
98% done, 2% left to go
Electrical/Panel done
Fiberglass 70%
Old 03-26-2022, 07:36 PM

Default Updates?

Does anybody have any updates?

RV9A- Status:
98% done, 2% left to go
Electrical/Panel done
Fiberglass 70%