Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

VAF on Twitter:
@VansAirForceNet

Old 12-03-2022, 02:26 AM

Default RV7/A construction manual

Does anyone have a Microsoft word copy of the plans set / construction manual (NOT the drawing files) (if it exists) for a 7? Unfortunately I do not have OCR software to convert a pdf file. Thanks in advance
Old 12-03-2022, 11:18 AM

Default Documentation at Van's Website

I set up an account at the Van's Store and added information on my RV-7A with my builder number. Now I can log in, click on the arrow by my name (near the "cart" link" and select "my aircraft". This takes me to a page with links for "Service Information" and "Download Kit Plans". You can download drawings and manual sections in PDF format. The manual sections are searchable. The drawings are not searchable. I combined all the manual PDFs into one larger PDF so I could search the whole manual easily.

My understanding is the downloads on the Van's site are the latest revisions and may not match the kit parts and documentation you received with the kits. So I use the downloaded files to search for information or to see if something changed, but I mostly rely on the documentation provided with my kits.

Regards,
Brad
Old 12-03-2022, 11:52 AM

I just did this last week. I have a copy if you need it. PM me if needed.
C-177/172
Piper Warrior
2023 donator
Emp complete
Wings complete
Working on fuselage
Old 12-03-2022, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellamy View Post
I set up an account at the Van's Store and added information on my RV-7A with my builder number. Now I can log in, click on the arrow by my name (near the "cart" link" and select "my aircraft". This takes me to a page with links for "Service Information" and "Download Kit Plans". You can download drawings and manual sections in PDF format. The manual sections are searchable. The drawings are not searchable. I combined all the manual PDFs into one larger PDF so I could search the whole manual easily.

My understanding is the downloads on the Van's site are the latest revisions and may not match the kit parts and documentation you received with the kits. So I use the downloaded files to search for information or to see if something changed, but I mostly rely on the documentation provided with my kits.

Regards,
Brad
Hi Brad,

Thank you for the info.

Cheers!
Old 12-03-2022, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohoflyer View Post
I just did this last week. I have a copy if you need it. PM me if needed.
Thanks. PM sent.