Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

VAF on Twitter:
@VansAirForceNet

Old 09-12-2022, 02:21 PM

Default Colleyville, TX

My wife and I will be traveling to Colleyville Thursday or Friday (9/15 or 16) for a funeral. Any recommendations on an RV friendly airport nearby? We'll be there until Monday morning. My son will be driving from San Angelo, so somewhere west that he could pick us up would work, too (Weatherford or Mineral Wells?).
Thanks
Old 09-12-2022, 09:05 PM

Colleyville is pretty tight under the Bravo, but there are quite a few options for ďRV friendlyĒ airports a bit to the west (I donít live or play on the Dallas side, so someone else might be able to help you out there).

52F, Northwest Regional, not sure about tie downs there, but lots of RVís, and homebase of this website
T67, lots of RVís there, I think tie down there would be free, near the gas pump, or on the grass, homebase of others you have definitely heard of
16X, not sure about tie downs, but I think I have seen some there, best to call the number on the website
KLUD, tie down is free on the grass, or nominal on the ramp, about 30mins to Colleyville?
KXBP, I think tie downs are free, and itís where we all go to get cheap fuel (except lately, until they refill the tank with a new price). Bit of a drive to Colleyville down 114.

KMWL, not sure about tie downs, and a serious drive (1hr+) to Colleyville, especially in traffic
KWEA, about the same as Mineral Wells, slightly shorter drive, maybe, if the I30-I35 gods shine on you. Not sure about tie down cost, says they have them.

Any of the Delta airports of course could put you up if needed, plenty of RVís at any of them, but probably not very intimate if you are looking for some RV camaraderie.

There are a few public grass strip places around, but I doubt any have tie downs, unless you perhaps know someone local; best to just call the manager and ask about field conditions if that interests you.

PM me if you want my contact info, I can give you more of the lay of the land if you want.
Old 09-12-2022, 09:31 PM

If you get here Thursday I could put you in the hanger for a few days, will be heading to petit Jean Fri-sun.

EXP Aircraft Services LLC
Specializing in RV Condition Inspections, Maintenance, Avionics Upgrades
Dynamic Prop Balancing, Pitot-Static Altmeter/Transponder Certification
FAA Certified Repair Station, AP/IA/FCC GROL, EAA Technical Counselor
Authorized Garmin G3X Dealer/Installer
RV7A built 2004, 2000+ hrs, New Titan IO-370, Bendix Mags, MTV-9 prop
Website: ExpAircraft.com, Email: walt@expaircraft.com, Cell: 972-746-5154