- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 07-22-2022, 07:33 PM

Default Smoke stayed in

Very basic power up after rewiring about 1/3 of the electrical system for clarity, my anal retentiveness, to make it field repairable, and to learn what I did not by contracting it out. The gent that did the harness did a beautiful job, but I was incredibly remiss by not being more involved, I had no idea how to repair it, and an old USN Chief who put in 20+ years wiring everything from props-jets grilled me mercilessly over that until I took it all apart, relabeled everything, replaced most of the white wires with red or black, added quick-release connectors where possible, and could draw the schematics of any system for him on demand.

Yes, the wiring needs some tightening up, and not everything is hooked up yet. I do have a couple "funnies" I need to track down, but they're not critical and can wait until I get home in a couple weeks.

Thanks to everyone here for letting a "Seagull" tap your brain trust for knowledge.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Avionics bay.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	207.9 KB
ID:	28485  Click image for larger version

Name:	Alive again.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	28486  

Last edited by Steve Crewdog : 07-22-2022 at 09:00 PM.