Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

VAF on Twitter:
@VansAirForceNet

Old 09-14-2022, 04:55 PM

Default Wisconsin - RV First Flight?

Hey all,

New member to these forums, what a great community to be welcomed into! I have recently joined the EAA and visited the Vans tent at Airventure this year. I am an avid 'tinkerer' (cars, snowmobiles, appliances, etc), and in due course I have started looking at building my own plane! I love the look and performance potential of the RV8, but I have wide shoulders and I'm not sure I would be comfortable in one

Is there anyone in the greater Milwaukee/Green Bay/Chicago area with an RV8 that would be willing to show me around, and possibly take me up?

Lunch/dinner would be my treat in exchange for your time (and nothing but your time )

Thanks in advance!

Kyle Schober
Menomonee Falls, WI
Old 09-14-2022, 05:35 PM

I'm in the Falls and am based at KUES. I have a 7 that I built but there's an 8 under construction in my hangar. I'd take you up in my 7 and I'm sure you could sit in the 8...
Old 09-14-2022, 09:57 PM

I have an -8 in Oconto, WI. KOCQ. I'd be happy to show you around the plane. If you are under 200 we can go flying, but if you are worried about fitting in the front you probably won't like the back.

We are having a flyin this Saturday at KOCQ. It's as good as an excuse as any to come up.

Dennis Martin
Old 09-15-2022, 08:58 AM

Kyle,

I highly recommend that you join the Milwaukee EAA chapter. We have a number of -8s in the chapter (plus a bunch of other RVs) and you'll find someone who can give you the nickel tour.

https://chapters.eaa.org/eaa18
Milwaukee
Old 09-15-2022, 08:59 AM

@upperdeck, that would be awesome, I'll shoot you a message!

@Rallylancer122, I really appreciate the offer, unfortunately my wife and I are busy on Saturday. And as a former collegiate offensive lineman, I do believe your assessment on my ability (or lack thereof) to fit in the back seat is accurate, even if I could somehow make it under your weight requirement :P
Old 09-15-2022, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprucemoose View Post
Kyle,

I highly recommend that you join the Milwaukee EAA chapter. We have a number of -8s in the chapter (plus a bunch of other RVs) and you'll find someone who can give you the nickel tour.

https://chapters.eaa.org/eaa18
Sprucemoose,

I met John Nate volunteering for Airventure this year, and he invited me to this month's meeting which I plan to attend. I'll see yall on the 27th.
Old 09-15-2022, 09:35 AM

Excellent, see you on the 27th. A couple of our RV-8 guys are pretty burly and can give you some insight into how you'll fit in one.
Milwaukee