What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Parts for TruTrack flight systems

Thing01n2

I'm New Here
My Vans 9A has a TRUTRAK Digiflight II series autopilot in it, installed in 2009. The Pitch Servo failed and I am trying to find a good used one or a compatible new replacement. Does anyone know of a source for the part or if something that Honeywell - Bendix King is currently making is compatible? Their "XCRUZE" flat pack autopilot looks to be identical to the Digiflight II. I have been happy with the unit and would rather not have to replace the entire autopilot. Thanks for any replies, Tim - Vans 9A

I originally started out with the Digiflight II autopilot with servos. My control head had a failure sometime between the ten years I bought it and the time I finally started using it after a long build (don't judge me:rolleyes:). I contacted Bendix King and they got me in touch with the TruTrak guru to troubleshoot the problem. I'd have to look in my file at the airport, but I believe the guy worked for one of the avionics suppliers on the west coast.

After we narrowed it down to the control head had gone belly up, I purchased an XCruze 100 from them, as it was well out of warranty. There were a couple of pin assignment changes to make in the D-sub connector in the back of the control head, but that was all it took to make the transition. I would assume the servo would be a similar change, as none of those pin assignments had changed.

Call them up when they open in the morning and they should be able to get you hooked up.

Andrew once told me the Vizion 385 is the same as the BK xCruise. The Digitrac II in my aircraft failed several years ago and I replaced it with the Vizion 385. While there were a couple of pins that needed to be moved on the dsub pin connector my A/P servos worked just fine. Basically I’m saying replacing your elevator servo should be compatible with an xCruise servo.

However I’m sure Andrew will soon see this thread and confirm or deny.

Back