What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tach indicator problems

A6PILOT

I just switched from LASAR to Slick mags and the RPM indicator shows about 1/2 the actual RPM on the VM1000. The transducer is the correct one for Slick mags P/N 3010005. I have the transducer mounted in the lower vent hole of the Model number 4370 Slick (Non Impulse coupled left mag) Before I purchase another transducer, I wonder if anyone has run into a similar problem?

Last edited:
VM1000 RPM Setup?

I just switched from LASAR to Slick mags and the RPM indicator shows about 1/2 the actual RPM on the VM1000.

I'm not familiar with the VM1000s setup...but on the Dynon you must set a pulses per revolution depending on your tachometer source - maybe you need to check this on the VM1000 since your tach source changed?

The Slick mag has half the number of pulses as the Lasar, you need to change the setting in the VM1000.

Rob Hickman
N401RH RV-4

I talked to a tech rep today and he explained how to change the jumper in the data processing unit to get the correct readout. Thanks for the responses - problem solved.

Back