What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

OSH 2011 PIREPs and Photo Gallery URLs

It is not unusual for even Regular Army to be placed on guard duty without ammo even on military bases.

I was placed on guard duty more than a few times in El Paso/ Ft. Bliss/ Biggs without any ammo. I guarded the space shuttle when it was there many times without any ammo. I was even placed on guard duty in Saudi with no ammo in the middle of Desert Shield/Storm.

Heck I was even placed on guard duty guarding the ammo dump....without any ammo!

It was always a laugh when the Sgt of the guard would read us our "Deadly Force Authorized" orders....since we did not have any ammo!

I suppose I could have clubed them bad guys with the weapon.....:confused:

Last edited:
This was a fun flight on Tuesday! Thanks Tim, Scott and Sean!

-Jim

img8079o.jpg

img8031n.jpg

img8004e.jpg

Kathy, Welcome to VAF. Fabulous photos. Best I saw of the show. The smokin T-28's are great!! and the silouette say's it all. Thanks for posting and good luck to Alex.

Crew car in Salina KS

I think we win the biggest P.O.S. crew car contest.

Stayed overnight in Salina on the way back from OSH, it was 105+ degrees, 90% humidity that day. No A/C, front windows wouldn't go down. We were rolling in style!

2d1pcmf.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone here own this airplane? Love to hear more about it. The more you look the more interesting it gets.....

2q9f0qx.jpg

14v0h0m.jpg

Did anyone notice the excessive positive camber on the FW-190 landing gear and know the reason for this radical design? Most if not all taildragger designs from the WWII era used zero camber.

10nw55w.jpg

This was the best prop card I found.

1c5b0d5b.jpg

That was a rare single-seat Cessna.

Hey, I just had an inspiration! You know how folks like to look in the cockpit while they knee your flaps and bang their camera against the fuselage? I'll bet a pair of my dirty skivvies hanging on the canopy handle will stop all that....

Last edited:
Back