VAF Forums

VAF Forums (https://vansairforce.net/community/index.php)
-   RV General Discussion/News (https://vansairforce.net/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What did you do with your RV this weekend? ((Aug 6-9, 2021) (https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=197992)

DeltaRomeo 08-06-2021 08:31 PM

What did you do with your RV this weekend? ((Aug 6-9, 2021)

...getting it started.
v/r,dr

BlackhawkSP 08-07-2021 02:53 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaRomeo (Post 1546097)
...getting it started.
v/r,dr

I flew down to KFRH French Lick IN today for the Pop Up BBQ. It food was definitely worth the trip:-)....The guy in front of me bought 6 Pound of Brisket to take home to a friend and his family !!! I did the pulled pork and slaw option. They also had some home made BBQ sauce that was great, along with the store bought versions. I left early, but did get to oogle 2 other RV's that were beautiful, along with various "Store Bought" planes. Below are a few pictures. Note the TAS on my 10 flying slightly over squared on the way home. Love my 10 !!

Ed_Wischmeyer 08-07-2021 03:26 PM

Got in two landings in the pattern, flying from the right seat as I hadn't done that in a while. Wasn't sure if the clouds were going to roll in quickly like they sometimes do, so parked the plane, went into the hangar and finished putting away things from AirVenture trip. Also added a quart of oil. Not all that exciting.

simpkinsona 08-07-2021 05:51 PM

Home

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 14448Flew home to Vacaville CA from Oshkosh via Boston. Fabulous trip, 35 hours in 2 weeks. Thanks to everyone in Oshkosh that helped with the social events.

Darren Kerns 08-07-2021 08:27 PM

Larry
It was honor to meet you today. Your RV10 is one of the most beautiful airplanes I have ever seen. Inside & out.

My wife, Traci, said it was absolutely stunning & it was.

Again, Thank You for flying down & hopefully see you soon at our Fish Fry Fly-in.

Take Care & Stay Safe

Darren & Traci Kerns
RV7 N599DT
KFRH

scard 08-07-2021 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed_Wischmeyer (Post 1546247)
Got in two landings in the pattern, flying from the right seat as I hadn't done that in a while. Wasn't sure if the clouds were going to roll in quickly like they sometimes do, so parked the plane, went into the hangar and finished putting away things from AirVenture trip. Also added a quart of oil. Not all that exciting.

Ed, you make me wonder if I should go fly from the left seat, I'm quite certain it still works. I always wonder why the line guy walks up to my passengers :eek:

Vlad 08-08-2021 07:28 AM

Flew to Nowhere can't reach it due to the haze and turned around.

On the way back landed Somewhere for a break.

Then flew to Elsewhere for refreshments.

Went hiking after that. Saturday was not wasted :)

lr172 08-08-2021 07:36 AM

Watched my son take his check ride in the 6A Saturday. It was a proud moment and the RV community now has a new Pilot. Kind of interesting that he knows nothing but the RV grin, as he has never been in a spam can. I let him fly the 10 a bit and he said, "This just isn't as fun to fly as the other plane." Next step is aerobatic training for him.

Larry

bruceh 08-08-2021 11:08 AM

I completed my post-Oshkosh oil change and decided to make some baffle modifications while I had the cowlings off.

A quick test flight on Saturday morning looked promising in my quest to get cylinder #2 to be a bit cooler in climbs and cruise. Then I hung out for the local EAA chapter meeting and had my monthly allotment of donuts.

PilotjohnS 08-08-2021 11:18 AM

motivation

Then flew to Elsewhere for refreshments.

If this is not motivation, I dont know what is..
Gotta get my plane done
Gotta get my plane done
Ya the kids will miss me, but they'll get over it
Gotta get my plane done...