What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The VAF News 3.15.2024

Wishing you and yours a happy, safe and RV-filled weekend. Thanks again to those who Account Upgrade w/a badge and keep the lights on here. You badge-sporting awesomes make the site. Have a wonderful weekend.
v/r,dr

VAF POSTS & RV NEWS THAT CAUGHT MY EYE.....dr:
—————————————————————————
Seen in another post….ATIS reminder
Pretty dang cool. dr
Screen Shot 2024-03-14 at 5.17.56 PM.png

High EGT one cylinder
IO-390 A3B6 800 hrs: Noticed high EGT on #3 at T/O today. Also substantial increase in CHT. so downloaded the graph
Runup and mag checks ok. Inflight mag check also showed no odd behavior.
Any suggestions on further diagnostics?
Screen Shot 2024-03-14 at 5.21.37 PM.png

STUPID mistake: closed canopy with no one inside
The nightmarish scenario is happening now . I closed my tip up canopy and the lock got engaged . Urghhh!!!! I saw a post of how someone had the same issue and solved , however the pictures got removed because of old post . I have a slot opening on left side because I installed jdair custom canopy lock , so I can fit a contraption through that . Any help on this is appreciated.

Some color finally …Jack -12
Finally got to apply vinyl stripes using knifeless tape. The rudder is painted. This is my first time using vinyl.
Screen Shot 2024-03-14 at 5.20.37 PM.png

Advice & words of wisdom for a new RV-7A owner
Looking for some advice and or words of wisdom or something you wish you had known before you bought (or started flying) your RV7. Just some background, I am coming out of an RV12iS partnership and my co-owner in the 7A has never owned a plane before.

Flap Extension Labels …Daida PIREP
Works like charme!
Never fails or breaks
Easy and cheap to put on/replace
Screen Shot 2024-03-14 at 5.23.05 PM.png

OFF TOPIC:
Screen Shot 2024-03-14 at 5.17.23 PM.png

PS: Older issues of the ‘VAF News’ can be found at:

Back