What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Info on lycoming o340 A1A installs

Blueskies69

I'm New Here
Good day all,
Have access to a nice lycoming 340 A1A and was wondering if anyone has done install on a 9A? Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. It is paired to a cs prop.
Thanks,
Dwight

The Carbon Cub uses a variant of the O-340 that puts out 180HP, it is also produced in a fuel injection version. I have flown in an RV6 that had the 180HP injected engine: smooth as glass and fast!

The Carbon Cub uses a variant of the O-340 that puts out 180HP, it is also produced in a fuel injection version. I have flown in an RV6 that had the 180HP injected engine: smooth as glass and fast!
There was an early O-340 as mentioned by FL Flyer. This is not the same as the relatively new Carbon Cub O-340s (that are stroked 320s)

There was an early O-340 as mentioned by FL Flyer. This is not the same as the relatively new Carbon Cub O-340s (that are stroked 320s)
I have installed and have been flying one of those “stroked 320s” for 14 years. I have some wisdom to pass on. If it would help on this Lycoming Installation Drop me a note.

I have installed and have been flying one of those “stroked 320s” for 14 years. I have some wisdom to pass on. If it would help on this Lycoming Installation Drop me a note.
Thanks for input… I have swapped for a 320.

Back