What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Smoke System Helper

Pilot135pd

Well Known Member
I didn't get a chance to post on that closed thread. I must say my experience has always been great so he should get a positive shout out !!

They're right here in Texas now and he is so helpful that if you text him with one quick question on a Sunday, which can be answered with a simple YES or NO, he will call you and spend 10 minutes answering your question then even add more suggestions !! I've purchased previously from him and just ordered 2 nozzles with hose last month for my current plane. The nozzles were installed and tested and they work great !!!

https://fb.watch/p5z_nA2qFS/

That's great :)
I have been trying to call him for a month, at +1-979-709-1509, and just the voice mail answers, and no replies on emails sent to [email protected]

Maybe, you have other contacts and can share them here, or in PM.

Just want to receive my smoking system :)

That's great :)
I have been trying to call him for a month, at +1-979-709-1509, and just the voice mail answers, and no replies on emails sent to [email protected]

Maybe, you have other contacts and can share them here, or in PM.

Just want to receive my smoking system :)
I haven’t heard from him. I placed an order four weeks ago, I haven’t heard anything. This is unusual because he shipped my tank asap and even called me. Anyone hear from him lately?

After getting the email about this I called him right now on a Sunday on Easter, and he answered the phone !

He is going through some health stuff and is going through the orders he has but his health isn't the best at this moment. He told me he'll try to post something here to explain because he gave the complete situation but it's his health so I'm not going into specifics.

Greetings smoke system customers.......Jim Wolc here owner of smoke system helper.......so a quick health update to explain our position and the delays some of you are experiencing.....as some of you know i had developed a problem with my back before thanksgiving and was and am still having difficulty in filling kits as sitting upright in a chair causes great pain...1st visit is a chiropractor......he won't touch me without a MRI....he looks at the pictures and sends me to a back surgeon as he believes i have a bone growing into my spine that is causing the pain paralysis and neuropathy.....the back surgeon looks at the pics and sends me to an oncologist.....prostate cancer that has metastasized to my bones.....the pain as subsided somewhat or the hydrocodone is masking some of the pain but am back to filling and shipping kits....albeit slower.......now to address oleg b....he doesn't have any order with me and his purchased was refunded......things are improving and all orders will be filled just a little more patience....thanks for the patronage and the over whelming support both in phone calls and text messages.

I hesitate to write this but would want someone to speak up if I was about to place an order. I understand the gentleman who owns this company is having health issues and my heart goes out to him; however, at some point he needs to stop taking orders if he can’t fulfill them. It is not good business practice to leave the website up and continue collecting money if the service can’t be provided.

At this point I would not recommend placing an order with this company. Emails aren’t returned, neither are voicemails.

I hesitate to write this but would want someone to speak up if I was about to place an order. I understand the gentleman who owns this company is having health issues and my heart goes out to him; however, at some point he needs to stop taking orders if he can’t fulfill them. It is not good business practice to leave the website up and continue collecting money if the service can’t be provided.

At this point I would not recommend placing an order with this company. Emails aren’t returned, neither are voicemails.
Did you recently try to buy something after reading this thread, or do you have an older order pending?

Both. I don’t want to be overly critical as I know he is going through a lot. I eventually received a full system after becoming extremely frustrated with the process. I then ordered an off the shelf component that only involved packaging and shipping 6 weeks ago. So far it has not been received and zero communication after emails and calls. Just a simple “hey I’m going to get it to you” would be helpful.

Personally, I would tell a friend to look elsewhere if wanting a system.

So you you were "extremely frustrated with the process" but finally got the full system you ordered.

THEN, after full knowledge of what to expect, you decided to AGAIN order something and it seems that you either expected to be placed in front of the other older orders or you expected everything to be smooth after being "extremely frustrated with the process" the first time?

What is it called when you keep doing the same thing expecting different results?

I think this thread should be closed.

@Jim Wolc is buy most accounts a fine person. The product seems to be well regarded. I've not seen ANY discussion of smoke systems that included negative reviews.

Smoke systems are "nice to have". Nobody has ever had an AOG issue relating to the smoke system. Please inform if I'm wrong.

Certainly if you have time constraints on this feature you should consider a vendor that can meet your schedule, but saying "go hire someone" is BS.

I think this thread should be closed.

@Jim Wolc is buy most accounts a fine person. The product seems to be well regarded. I've not seen ANY discussion of smoke systems that included negative reviews.

Smoke systems are "nice to have". Nobody has ever had an AOG issue relating to the smoke system. Please inform if I'm wrong.

Certainly if you have time constraints on this feature you should consider a vendor that can meet your schedule, but saying "go hire someone" is BS.
Amen !

Hey everyone, I don't want to start anything so I will just stick to the facts of what happened to my order.

I ordered various parts from Jim over the past year and received them promptly as well as excellent support and advice.

In Feb 2024 I ordered the remaining parts I needed for my system. I didn't get any notifications on shipping for a couple months - I started building over covid.., guess I'm used to supply chain issues etc, didnt email Jim at the time or anything.

I saw the posts here about Jim's health and hesitated to bother him again.

This past week I was coming up on 6 months since placing my order, which also happens to be the paypal "statue of limitations" so to speak on getting a refund from a seller.

Over the last month I have gently attempted to establish communications and I hadnt received a response. I checked his website and notice also, like the poster above, that the website was still taking orders and there was no message listed on the site that orders would be delayed.

With no response, I asked paypal for my money back and received my money back.

I wish Jim the best and hope he can get his health better and get his business back up. What I had been provided in my kit is top notch.

Fully aware of the situation, I ordered two 5 gallon pails of oil in April. Wanted to support Jim in his time of need, figured simply shipping some oil was easy, nothing to assemble. I have not received the oil and, have not got a response to two emails I have sent. i made no demands, simply asked when I could expect shipment. Guess I’ll be going to pay pal for a refund.

Scott

I ordered from him in late April/May. No response to emails. Eventually filed a paypal claim and received an almost full refund. I feel sorry for him and wish him well but the website definitely needs to be closed because until finding this thread… I was none the wiser on where my $711 went and why nothing was happening for over a month.

Hey everyone, I don't want to start anything so I will just stick to the facts of what happened to my order.

I ordered various parts from Jim over the past year and received them promptly as well as excellent support and advice.

In Feb 2024 I ordered the remaining parts I needed for my system. I didn't get any notifications on shipping for a couple months - I started building over covid.., guess I'm used to supply chain issues etc, didnt email Jim at the time or anything.

I saw the posts here about Jim's health and hesitated to bother him again.

This past week I was coming up on 6 months since placing my order, which also happens to be the paypal "statue of limitations" so to speak on getting a refund from a seller.

Over the last month I have gently attempted to establish communications and I hadnt received a response. I checked his website and notice also, like the poster above, that the website was still taking orders and there was no message listed on the site that orders would be delayed.

With no response, I asked paypal for my money back and received my money back.

I wish Jim the best and hope he can get his health better and get his business back up. What I had been provided in my kit is top notch.
Glad you mentioned there was a 6 month limit on claims. I looked and had a couple of weeks left so just filed mine. Jim told me back in February timeframe over the phone (i was lucky enough for him to pick up his phone after several attempts calling him that month) that he had a part time person skilled in welding who was going to start that weekend to try and get caught up but I haven’t heard back from him since. In my case, I had the main package already and just decided I wanted the pump to tank mounting kit and one of the quick disconnects for the black hose. One of those 2 things he didn’t even have to fabricate. I wish him the best with his health and if he can’t turn it around I hope he sells the business to another aviation passionate person as the package itself is pretty nice.

Back