What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Losing traffic

Two flights this weekend, had to rely on the iPhone for traffic as the same dropouts continue to happen on v9.33.

Two flights this weekend, had to rely on the iPhone for traffic as the same dropouts continue to happen on v9.33.
Same for me. I sent email to garmin expert and was told they know it isnt working and to use my ipad for now. It was sort of an unexpected response but at least I have an ipad that has traffic on foreflight.

Same for me. I sent email to garmin expert and was told they know it isnt working and to use my ipad for now. It was sort of an unexpected response but at least I have an ipad that has traffic on foreflight.
Same for me as well. I installed 9.33 a couple of weeks ago and I didn't see any decrease in the frequency of traffic dropping offline compared to the earlier versions of firmware.

Still getting traffic dropout on G3X. On ground, it works fine. Airborne for a few minutes and everything is gone. Was hoping 9.42 was going to work it out. 33ES transponder with updated software.

Still getting traffic dropout on G3X. On ground, it works fine. Airborne for a few minutes and everything is gone. Was hoping 9.42 was going to work it out. 33ES transponder with updated software.
Have you disabled TIS-A data, as was recommended earlier in this thread?

Have you disabled TIS-A data, as was recommended earlier in this thread?
Tried that on ealier software. When I called Garmin though, they indicated it had to be toggled ON. I'll try again with it off, as I dont think I've attempted since 9.42. My weather is also dropping airborne though.

When I called Garmin though, they indicated it had to be toggled ON.
I'm confident that this advice is incorrect.
I'll try again with it off, as I dont think I've attempted since 9.42. My weather is also dropping airborne though.
It would have been good to mention this. It sounds like you have more general problems with ADS-B reception in your aircraft.

Back