What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

KEY100 sensors reading low

Watzlavick

Sponsor
Anybody seen an AMPLOC KEY100 Hall Effect sensor read significantly low? The two I installed are reading low, around 2/3 of normal. I have a third one (spare) that is reading correctly. The two bad ones were in 3D printed ABS holders so I took them out and put all three in series on the power positive lead of my ground power connection. Without powering down the airplane, I tested all three one at a time on the same GEA 24 channel by moving the connection to each one, testing with a low load and then a high total load. Accounting for the zero offsets, I read 8.2A, 8.2A, and 12.8 A. I wired up a shunt and it reads 12.6 A while the ammeter on my external power supply reads 13.8 A. Is there a chance the calibration could have been permanently altered by the steel screws I used to mount the holder? Or maybe a magnetic screwdriver bit?

I called Amploc and they said they would replace them if defective, I'll send them in.

-Bob

Back