akschu

Well Known Member
Patron
Hello All,

I need to make a blister for a servo mount (not an rv) and I was able to completely design the blister in fusion 360 and print it for test fitting.

Now I want to make a fiberglass part but looking for information is returning a sea of information and I'm just more confused wading through it.

I know many here have gone before me, so perhaps some answers to questions will get me pointed in the right direction:

1. When you make a fiberglass part is it better to make a mold to lay the fiberglass in to, or can you print the part and just lay glass over the top of it?

2. If using a mold, what do I need to finish it smooth so that I can release it? Body filler? Build up primer? Links to specific materials and products would be great.

3. What do I need for mold release? I get that my mold needs to break apart, which is easy, but don't I need a release agent, or wax? More links please!

4. For the actual fiberglass, how many layers should I use for a blister? 2? 3? What products do I use for the fabric, and resin?

I could really use a link to a good primer, or a post saying you need this and this and this which are used to do that, and here is the overview to making a part.

Thanks!
Matt