aparchment

Well Known Member
Hi folks:

I imagine many of us will be going to Oshkosh (my first time!), so I might as well start a thread discussing potential ride sharing opportunities.

It's also my opportunity to do two things:

1) beg someone for a ride from Chicago to Oshkosh on July 27th and

2) offer anyone who wants to get something big back from Oshkosh to any state between Wisconsin and Maine a space on the truck I am renting to bring my fuse home after the show.

Let me know on either front.

Thanks.

Last edited:
thanks

Thanks John.

Next year we will fly out together. Ken MAY end up going this year if he can slip away from work.

I will call you if I see any show specials that may interest you.

Antony

We are taking our grandson to the AirVenture kids Camp for the week after AirVenture. Any recommendations for commercial air travel from Seattle? Where to land, how to rent a car, where to stay? How long does it take to clear out all the crowds of people?

Commercial air travel to OSH twice. Once was fly into Madison and the other was ORD. Not sure what it is like 3 decades later but Milwaukee may also be a possible airline flight there. Since all 3 are commercial airline destinations, there should be no issue getting a car if it were not for AirVenture. IF you arrive while AirVenture is going on, there may be issues.

Appleton airport is about 30 minutes from Oshkosh. American, Delta and United all have multiple flights per day. Green Bay is another option but is about an hour away, served by the same three airlines. There may be other airlines that also go into GRB as well.

I am driving up from Memphis Area Sunday July 21 and returning Sunday July 28. I will go through Saint Louis, Rockford, Madison WI. I avoid Chicago and Milwaukee but possible to deviate. I have room for one and gear (camping). Can share my camp site.

Last edited:
Hi Antony,
Too bad you can't find that short hop ride.... Maybe too close and people don't want to mess with it. Contact your local EAA and maybe somebody there is going!

Good luck.

I assume you are flying into KORD? Then renting a truck up in OSH area, to get a fuselage back to Maine?

The transportation ORD to OSH may need to rent a car one way, or see if there is bus or train. July 27 is Sat 2nd to last day of show. Most people are there or leaving OSH.

The space in a truck is great offer, you may want to advertise that. When are you leaving OSH, last day July 28, I think you will be Lone Ranger with no Tonto.

I bet there are vendors who are in that general direction East Bound that could use some cargo hauled.