AlexC

Well Known Member
If you're like me, one of the most stressful parts of building a Van's aircraft is transporting the completed fuselage (with engine, avionics, etc) from a home workshop to a hangar at the airport. Finding someone that has the right experience and equipment (and insurance) to do such a move is very difficult; most companies (tow or moving) don't want to touch such a project.

This post is to let you know about Parkers Towing and Transport LLC, who first moved my friend's RV-14A earlier this year, and yesterday moved mine. They spent a good deal of time designing ramps for the main wheels for transport. The Parkers are great people, and were very interested in all aspects of my RV-14A - most importantly, they took great care to secure and transport my bird. I highly recommend them if you live in central Florida and need to transport your airplane; they drove 50 miles each way for the transport, and their prices are very reasonable. Below is a picture from the move:

_Alex

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 1.19.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 1.19.49 PM.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 250
My concern is their tiedowns around main gear legs. If there is a brake line installed the rope may squash it. The best anchor point would be center section stubs. Leave the extended spacer there and drill a hole for their ropes.

transport_1.jpeg

My concern is their tiedowns around main gear legs. If there is a brake line installed the rope may squash it. The best anchor point would be center section stubs. Leave the extended spacer there and drill a hole for their ropes.

transport_1.jpeg

They took great care to avoid the brake lines and none were affected (I checked each one, and helped with the tiedown).

_Alex