Getting some updates done on the RV White Pages, Hotel and Courtesy Car/Food lists. ‘Links’, ‘VAF List’ to get to them.
v/r,dr

VAF POSTS & RV NEWS THAT CAUGHT MY EYE.....dr:
—————————————————————————

Daily RV Pic
https://www.vansairforce.net/threads/daily-rv-pic.199639/page-5#post-1769923
Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 6.20.25 PM.png

New Ram-Air Intake products from HP Aircraft …scsmith
Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 6.21.37 PM.png

-8 Canopy Lock …Carlos151 PIREP
When I got the key lock for the forward baggage compartment, it came with two sets of locks and keys so I repurposed the second one as a canopy lock. Nothing fancy and it's certainly not going to stop anyone from breaking into the aircraft. I still have mixed feelings about it when I consider the work that went into the canopy. Would I rather they just steal my avionics and not break the canopy or would I rather they break the canopy and steal my avionics anyway? Catch 22.
I mounted a square aluminum block on the side rail and you can see how the locking lever comes down in front of the block.
Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 6.22.03 PM.png

Input on leaning …Taltruda PIREP
My technique is to takeoff full throttle, full prop and full mixture. Note the EGT on any cylinder, doesn’t really matter which one, they should all be rich enough to be safe. Then as you climb, you adjust the mixture control to maintain that number in the climb. (You will control CHT with airspeed, just lower the nose for 110 to 130 knots as appropriate to keep the CHTs where you want them.) when you get to your cruising altitude, level off and accelerate, throttle back the MP if you want (18 to 22 inches works fine), dial back your prop to where you want, then play with the mixture. Lean till it gets rough, enrichen to smooth it out , maybe go a little richer or leaner, depending on what you are trying to achieve. Under 65%, you are probably safe to explore your peak EGTs, then use that peak number to reference off of. You can fly peak at 65% power and below, or above 65%, you can use this chart.
Edit: because of the efficiencies of the Vans intakes, I add 2,000 feet to the chart numbers. ie; 100 degrees ROP at 6,500 feet.
Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 6.23.24 PM.png

OFF TOPIC:
IMG_4186.JPG

PS: Older issues of the ‘VAF News’ can be found at: