No RV news today. Too pooped to think straight.

I took and passed my King Air 350 PIC check ride today. PRO-LINE 21. The testing standards are obviously pretty low, if I passed ;^).

Will publish an edition tomorrow.

v/r,dr

The new ride:
beechcraft_kingair350i_photo3.jpeg

Last edited:
Out of the 5 type rides I have taken, the King Air 350 was by far the most challenging, both mentally and physically, it’s a whipping…getting through and passing a single pilot type ride in the -350 is no small feat, congratulation! It’s an incredibly capable and reliable machine.

Attachments

• IMG_1860.jpeg
    IMG_1860.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
I’ve got several thousand hours on the old 200, missed out on the 350 as I went to jets. Beech make tanks really, they just happen to look and perform like planesπŸ˜‰

Congratulations! Nothing like being a lifelong student. Kill zone on those doggone twins is takeoff and ice. Everything else is smooth sailing. That -350 is a nice ride no doubt. Ain’t it great to be able to get a new rating? What’s next?

WOW!!😲 Great shot of a Twin Turbo T-tailed RV! Is that the RV-16?:ROFLMAO:πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚ Nice job, by the way! And a very cool photograph!

I wonder what a check ride in a B350 runs? Has to be eye watering!

[ed: πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ. I did 100 support sessions in the simulator to earn my green stamps for this type rating. I really don’t know what it costs. I bet it’s a lot! v,dr]

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! Hope you get lots of time in it.

I never flew the 350, but I have thousands of hours in T-tail BE90 and the old Vietnam-era U-21A. When anyone from P&W found out we were flying PT6A-20 engines, they'd always say, "Wow, I've only seen one of those before. In our museum."