Wishing you and yours a happy, safe and RV-filled weekend. v/r,dr

VAF POSTS & RV NEWS THAT CAUGHT MY EYE.....dr:
—————————————————————————

Daily Pic to Set Today’s Mood
Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 8.31.42 AM.png

Filter Test Results….added to the ‘The VAF List’ (link also under 'Links')
Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 8.42.33 AM.png

Why yes, as a matter of fact I am that cheap (tailwheel chains)
Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 8.33.03 AM.png

Trimming wingtip trailing edges to match ailerons?
(Taltruda PIREP). I created a pocket that they slide into.
https://vansairforce.net/threads/tr...-edges-to-match-ailerons.225670/#post-1757609
Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 8.34.49 AM.png

-14 Panel …Halleffect
First power up in the plane, 4/5/24.
Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 8.36.02 AM.png

Does this look right? (Stabilator travel)
Maybe it's because I don't really know where the stabilator "neutral" position is, but it looks to me like it has way more up travel than down travel. The control horn is almost inside the rear bulkhead at full up, and not at all close at full down. Total travel is correct at 20 degrees.
https://vansairforce.net/threads/does-this-look-right-stabilator-travel.226209/
Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 8.36.40 AM.png

"Bee" safe out there ... the rest of the story…jclark
I mentioned that there was more and in the interest of SAFETY, I share what later happened.
[Get your favorite beverage and popcorn as this is long-winded. :) ]
The bees, needless to say were a distraction. The idea was to not disturb them, get into the cockpit, startup and GO! With the hope that the prop breeze would cause them to scramble.
But this required getting the plane untied, lined up in the starting position with the starters starting me FIRST so that I am locked in before other propwash potentially blows them into my cockpit for the multi-hour ride back home (partially at NIGHT!!).

Alternator
I have a 60 amp Mitsubishi Alternator that’s been erratic on holding steady voltage. It was an Air Tec ….i think Air Tec was an airboat/ experimental supplier in Merritt Island Florida.
Any thoughts on the origin of the alternator?
Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 8.28.40 AM.png

Takeoff roll abort -> cleaned injectors
I recently replaced and re-routed some fuel lines under the cowl to keep them away from heat sources. As usual, I performed a post-maintenance flight test to verify my work. Did my usual (50% power) runup with no issues, lined up and went full power. During my usual takeoff run scan, I noticed I was only making 2300 RPM (expected 2700) and then checked my EGT/CHT gauges. Cylinder 1's EGT was about half what it should have been and falling, and the CHT was falling rather than rising. (see attached plot) I was still on the ground so I made the easy decision to cut power and apply brakes.
Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 3.30.26 PM.png

OFF TOPIC:
Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 3.32.46 PM.png

PS: Older issues of the ‘VAF News’ can be found at: