They are going to have to do something. The airport is planning to put in a new parallel runway, 10R-28L, and a new C taxiway that runs right over Hangars A-D and most of the outside vendor area. I don’t see them relocating off LAL but there‘s gonna be some pretty significant infrastructure changes that are going to have to occur.
I saw that they had a presentation of this on the schedule but I didn't attend....
I'm sure I could find it doing a google search but I'm lazy... any word on when this is happening?
Looks like a very significant change to the sun n fun infrastructure...the place sure won't look the same

based on the drawing you posted the four hangars are gone, pretty much the bulk of the campground is gone, the overflow campground is now under the approach end....so gone.
All the outdoor display spaces North of the hangars gone....

and perhaps most troubling, the lake where that iconic boat/plane homebuilt has lived since at least before the 1990's is gone....
My son joined me this year....his first visit to sun n fun since he was pretty little.... he commented on that plane as we walked by, and I told him that thing has been sitting in that spot since my first sun n fun visit way back in the early to mid 1990's.

I saw that they had a presentation of this on the schedule but I didn't attend....
I'm sure I could find it doing a google search but I'm lazy... any word on when this is happening?
Looks like a very significant change to the sun n fun infrastructure...the place sure won't look the same

based on the drawing you posted the four hangars are gone, pretty much the bulk of the campground is gone, the overflow campground is now under the approach end....so gone.
All the outdoor display spaces North of the hangars gone....

and perhaps most troubling, the lake where that iconic boat/plane homebuilt has lived since at least before the 1990's is gone....
My son joined me this year....his first visit to sun n fun since he was pretty little.... he commented on that plane as we walked by, and I told him that thing has been sitting in that spot since my first sun n fun visit way back in the early to mid 1990's.
I wasn't aware they had a presentation; I was just tracking as I'm sorta local. However the airport masterplan lists the runway project as a mid-term (6-10 years out) capital improvement project. Whether they have the funding to do everything that's required and what it means for SnF is unknown to me.