Bcone1381

Well Known Member
I need som help. I am installing a Surefly Ingition on my Lycoming IO-360.

The Surefly uses a Slick ignition Harness. I have a Slick ignition harness cap and am building the harness using a kit that accommodates auto plugs. You will see that this cap has a groove. I suspect it ought to have a seal that goes in the groove. The Surefly tech support was not very convincing. and I can not find a parts diagram. The cap part number is M-1569. Where can I find a diagrma to show seal or no seal, and which seal?

Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 2.36.57 PM.png

Last edited:
One more Q. The #1 cylinder lead is clearly marked on the cap at 2 o'clock. Which hole does the mag fire from next? IOW, what is the direction of rotation of the distributor?

The magneto accessory drive direction of rotation is CW. I wont assume the energy coming out of the cap next lead rotates in the same direction as the drive.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 3.16.04 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 3.16.04 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 3.15.52 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 3.15.52 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
No seal goes there. The firing order for that engine should be 1-3-2-4. The magneto should be labeled left rotation. Looking at your cover from the top, the first hole to the left of the number 1 position should go to number 2 cylinder.

Vic
Fire order....Got it.

The Surefly Mag is not labeled left rotation. but if that is typical, lets go with Left.

It confuses me that you said the first hole left of the number 1 position....forgive me for questioning.....

The firing order is 1-3-2-4. I suspect the first hole left of the number 1 would be the next cylinder in the firing order and should go cylinder three. Straighten me up please. Help me understand.

It confuses me that you said the first hole left of the number 1 position....forgive me for questioning.....

The firing order is 1-3-2-4. I suspect the first hole left of the number 1 would be the next cylinder in the firing order and should go cylinder three. Straighten me up please. Help me understand.
I'm confused, too, awaiting education. :)

My sincerest apologies. It was a typo and I didn't notice it. Ive edited it.

Thanks for catching!

I mentioned the left rotation as I assumed a mag was being replaced and just wanted to verify it.

Vic