Adam

Well Known Member
Can anyone out there tell me what thay think of the the Superior engine, and what about the Roller Lifters, worth the the extra money.

HeyAdam,
I am not an engine guru, but Mahlon at Mattituck is, give him a call or send him an e-mail. Personally I think the superior parts are very nice and have more innovation than your standard lycoming, I myself have a TMX-360 with superior parts on order with Mattituck. As far as the roller lifters go I don't think they are a know item yet, that said if you want to give them a go great. I believe(don't quote me) they are mainly a help on star up but as far as overall I don't know they are worth the extra 2 grand or what ever that option is.
Regardless give Mahlon a call he is a great guy to deal with, he put up with all my silly questions :D
Kirk

I am really pleased with the price and service from Mattituck. Give them a try. We are 3 guys at the RV Squadron in Peachtree City GA that have selected Mattituck engines.

Ulf Petersson
RV8AQB N84UN

For what it's worth...when I was checking out engines, I found that Superior had recalls on several parts, including their new sump. I ended up going with the Titan kit engine from ECI through AERO Inc. Light Plane Maintenance (LPM) rated the ECI cylinders higher. Another extra was AERO's forward servo sump, which I was able to substitute for the regular sump. Their kit was pretty good; however, there were a few pieces missing, mostly nuts and bolts and a couple of large O rings for the intake manifolds. They were very quick to make everything right, so no real complaints. They also offer an assembled engine. If I remember correctly the price was about the same as Superior. ECI's Titan seems to be a true clone of the Lycoming with very little change from the original.