Capt Sandy

Well Known Member
Way back in 2017 Roy and I traveled with a group of other RV nut-jobs flying from Homestead, Florida (actually Roy and I started our trip in Hillsboro, Oregon) to the islands of St. Kitts, Grenada and St. Croix. “That was just crazy,” I said to Roy at the time. What I did not know was on that trip we would make wonderful, lasting friendships, reconnect with my passion for scuba diving, and worst of all, develop a deep longing for flying in the plane my darling husband built back to warm salt water.

Fast forward to this past summer, at an EAA fly-in where we sat across from Juliette and Roger over a taco lunch. After we replied to several of their interview-type questions regarding our preferred mode of travel, they invited us to join them on a trek to the Bahamas, flying our Van’s Aircraft - our RV-7A and their RV-14A.
I considered the matter for a long second and a half. After I said “Yes, we’d love to” I asked Roy his thoughts on the matter. He didn’t need much convincing.

As I watch the video from our time here with Juliette and Roger, I am swept with joy. We are so blessed to view the world from this perspective. That is all I have to say about that. The video says the rest.
https://youtu.be/5lbjPg39lvg?si=6QMHvHTLWVE3EqeR

GPTempDownload.jpeg

Thanks for sharing! I had a long day in the garage working on my RV7A today. I'm about 2-3 months away from being done with the wings. I promised my wife that we'd fly to the Bahamas in our RV when it's done, so this is very motivating!

Sandy & Roy
Greetings from home! (Chapt 105)
Great video! It makes me want to do it when I get the 10 done!
Jim Frisbie

Trips like this are the main reason I built our 9A. We'll be retired soon and then looking for people to join to the Caribbean!