bpattonsoa

Well Known Member
Complete Beringer nose wheel and axle for the RV 10. Includes a homemade tire assembly tool out of 3/4” plywood. $500 includes shipping in the USA.
OK, why am I selling it? I put this on the Aircraft when I built it based on the fact that it was probably a much nicer nose wheel. It developed a flat spot. I really don’t understand how it could’ve happened. I decided to get a new tire and O-ring. I built the device that Behringer sells to assemble the tire out of three-quarter inch plywood and assembled the tire. I had a small leak. I took it apart did it again and this time it appeared to be tight. I then put it on the aircraft and flew it for about two years , having to add air a couple times. During the last Oregon winter where the sun didn’t shine for three or four months, I checked the front tire, it was down to 20 PSI.

That is not the main reason why I am selling it. I suspect it could be put together by a professional with a new O-ring and possibly a new valve stem and be perfect. My issue is when I realized that having a flat front tire at a remote airport with an old-fashioned A&P, the first thing he would say is “ain’t got no tube or tyre for that there wheel.” The standard RV 10 nose wheel with tube is now on the aircraft.
IMG_0021.jpeg