My Ellison throttle body is needing attention and since they are not built or serviced anymore I am looking at switching it out to the Rotec TBI Mk.11-48-4/5, from Aerosport. It will be attached to a O 360. Looking for some reviews on this unit please.

I had trouble getting mine working at first. Previous threads:

Once I got those worked out it has been problem free. Mounting the pressure regulator was awkward, the current models have that integrated which is a real improvement. The current installation manual also says the vapor return line is required which is what fixed my vapor lock problem.

Don't know if the newer version would need the holes drilled bigger which is what was needed to fix the initial "won't run at full throttle" problem. They say it can support up to an O-540 so maybe? If you have a constant speed prop you should be able to detect that on the ground, I could only duplicate it in the air.

It does run inverted just fine, which was my reason for the Rotec instead of using the carb. Also is much lighter. Can lean down until the engine quits without any roughness.

A downside is that the mixture needed varies with throttle setting. To be careful I always advance mixture before throttle. Is a risk during a go around. If leaned for 75% cruise going to full throttle at the same mixture setting will stop the engine. (restarts easily by moving mixture forward).

I never got mine to run right. Tinkered with it for many hours before installing a carburetor. Been happy ever since.
Same here. No support from Rotec unless I was spending money. Tinkered for about 100 flying hours before going to the carb and no more issues. See previous threads on the Rotec issues. Started great, idled great but WOT too lean issues.

Same here. No support from Rotec unless I was spending money. Tinkered for about 100 flying hours before going to the carb and no more issues. See previous threads on the Rotec issues. Started great, idled great but WOT too lean issues.
Ditto..I had the same experience. Went to a real fuel injection system, in my cases, one was a mechanical FI, on a second airplane the FI was SDS.

I can sell you an Ellison throttle body EFS-4-5 which was apparently not used much, since the previous owner didn´t get his O 360 to run satisfactorily and exchanged it for a carburettor. The project I bought it for didn´t materialize, so I don´t need it. If you are interested, send me an email!
Thomas

I can sell you an Ellison throttle body EFS-4-5 which was apparently not used much, since the previous owner didn´t get his O 360 to run satisfactorily and exchanged it for a carburettor. The project I bought it for didn´t materialize, so I don´t need it. If you are interested, send me an email!
Thomas
Appreciate that.
Condition? Age? Price? Shipped from?

[email protected]