Scottish Pete

I'm New Here
Does anyone have pictures of the tray or other mounting brackets they used to stack two Garmin GTR-20 comm radios and GMA-245R audio panel behind the RV-8 instrument panel? What did you attach things to? I realize the GMA-245R has to be mounted facing certain directions per the installation manual.
I have a 10.6” Garmin G3X mounted 1” off center in the instrument panel with a GNX-375 next to it on the left side (looking forward) with a GMC-507 autopilot panel below it.
Pete Cowper
Visalia Municipal Airport

Attachments

• IMG_5819.JPG
    IMG_5819.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 46
I was considering the GMA-245R and GTR-20 as well, but have you thought about how you would change radios if your display unit broke? I was thinking about trying to add an audio panel somewhere along one of the edges, but that's largely theoretical since I'm well away from avionics yet in my build.

I made an L shaped shelf between F-802N and F-802 T ( the two cross braces behind the panel)

I was considering the GMA-245R and GTR-20 as well, but have you thought about how you would change radios if your display unit broke? I was thinking about trying to add an audio panel somewhere along one of the edges, but that's largely theoretical since I'm well away from avionics yet in my build.
I made an access panel in the front baggage compartment bulkhead to get to the back of the instrument panel.

Attachments

• IMG_5914.JPG
    IMG_5914.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5915.JPG
    IMG_5915.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 22