Tewbert

I’m trying to get a definitive answer on my Qb wings, flaps and ailerons. The latest letter says if you have already installed laser parts, you’re good to continue. Future inspections may be required or ADs issued just like they do now when issues arise. SO, since my Qb wing kit is already assembled, can I inspect and build on? I realize there are potentially red/ yellow parts in there. That’s where my decision process is hitting a wall. I’m not building/rebuilding this kit, especially with no monetary return from Vans on my Qb costs. I’m either going to build on or close shop and unload it all.

Watch the long video Vans has just released.
Your QB wings will well out last you, and your great great grandkids.
The fact they took an RV-10 wing with every rib torn up and a huge cut in the tank baffle, loaded it to 4.4G, and it deformed by less than an inch should tell you how well designed these aircraft are.
But wether you want to continue is a question only you can answer.

Ask the question on the website. Look at their test numbers and decide. Even without LCP, a lot of builders have made worse mistakes, myself included. If you don't have a stomach for it, pass the project to someone else knowing you are NOT putting anyone in danger. The testing that Vans did exceeded some of the big 2 airplane companies testing.

But after watching the video, I feel better about it know I will never fly my RV as hard and as many hours in the next 20 years to start worrying about it. From Vans presentation, fatigue cracks will occur way before rivet hole defects. You have to fly hard for 13,000 hours before worrying about it. Few RV pilots pull 4Gs - 6Gs on every flight.

And that 13,000 hours was based on an outlier punched part. The median from that slide is closer to 20,000 hours

Thanks for the input! I watched some of the videos and will watch them again in its entirety. I’m not tearing my wings up unless my inspection shows some obvious flaws. The lcp in my fuselage kit are useable with no red or yellow parts needing replacement. I have to decide by the end of the month if I’ll accept my new finish kit order or hold off on it. I’m comfortable putting my family in the plane or getting rid of it and knowing it’s a safe aircraft.

Also before you decide to drill out rivets, please practice on scrap metals and drill out a lot of rivets before drilling into your real airplane parts. You will find that your drilled out holes, more often than not, look a lot worse than the original riveted holes. Tread carefully.