mcattell

Well Known Member
I went to Oshkosh this year on a mission to purchase everything for the avionics stack for my RV-9A. This included a Garmin GNS430W GPS, SL40 Comm, GTX330 Transponder and a PSE 8000B audio panel, all with wiring harnesses. Unfortunately it was a little more difficult than expected. A couple vendors said that I needed to call their office or didn't seem to be that knowledgeable. [ed. little bit of vendor bashing removed here by DR.] I spoke to very knowledgeable people there, got a competitive price and put down a 25% down payment. They made sure I had everything covered right there on the spot. I was quoted wiring harnesses and thought they would just be sent loose. To my surprise they said that they would wire the entire stack for me prior to shipping. The Monday after returning home from Oshkosh I received a call to acknowledge the order. The next day a tech guy called to discuss how long the intercom cables should be prewired for and went over connections to the EFIS, autopilot, etc. I already had the new AFS EFIS and new Trio Propilot on order which isn't being shipped yet and their documentation isn't done. They offered to call them direct if they had any questions on connections to those units. By the end of the following week I got a call indicating that the wired stack was done and ready to ship.

My experience with Sarasota Avionics was great. If you're looking to buy some avionics and perhaps want some pre-wiring done I would suggest giving them a call. I don't think their website indicates their full capabilities but they can certainly take care of you. You can't beat their customer service.

Last edited by a moderator: