Freemasm

Well Known Member
I was told at SNF that JB just retired!
Above quoted from the Filter Test Thread.

This would suck if true. The guys in the booth told me he didn't make the trip this year.

Great guy and great ambassador for their brand. A few years back, the Lycoming guys wouldn't even acknowledge my presence at their display. It was the last day of the show and the bunch of them were just standing around BS'ing and ignoring me. Turned out to be one of the best things that happened to me. JB was kind enough to share his time with me and answered a lot of questions. He followed up after the show. Did me a monster solid when he contacted me again to let me know prices were gonna go up (didn't need a PP then) and then kindly let other builds take schedule priority over mine in the schedule.

Got an XIO370 with CW crank, upgraded NiCr cylinders, EFII installed, starter, cold sump (plus more) delivered for just over $32K. Didn't realize the degree of my fortune at the time. If he is retired, his replacement has some big shoes to fill.

I totally concur! JB is a great asset, very helpful. I bought the exact same engine and accessories for my RV7. Great experience!

Oh no! I just spoke with him a few days ago about my engine. Great guy to work with.

Great guy. Helped a lot with the ECI EXP Fuel Injection integration we did at the time (2009ish).
Hadn't seen the many control cable brackets and other similar chicken and egg problems coming.
JB was extremely supportive during that phase.