eric.the.blonde

Friend
I have an elastomer engine mount for an RV-9A. Drawing 46A still shows the old mount calling for 6 ea AN6-24 bolts with washers and a castle nut. No such items exist on my parts list. The closest thing in my kit is this motley assortment of similar bolts. I've searched high, low, hither, heather and yon, including, the retrofit service kit and cannot find a callout for anything other than AN6-24s and castle nuts. Is this motley assortment bolts, spacers, and elastomeric nuts intended to hold the engine mount to the fuselage in the manner shown below?

IMG_2566.jpegIMG_2565.jpegIMG_2568.jpegIMG_2569.jpeg

Do you have the Following Info ?
I did not see a dwg or picture - but the words are there...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 20-53-53 Service Information and Revisions - Van's Aircraft Total Per...pdf
    123.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 20-54-22 SL 19-04-30 - Van's Aircraft Total Performance RV Kit Planes.pdf
    337.7 KB · Views: 5
  • SL-19-04-30-Distribution.pdf
    561.3 KB · Views: 3
I have an elastomer engine mount for an RV-9A. Drawing 46A still shows the old mount calling for 6 ea AN6-24 bolts with washers and a castle nut. No such items exist on my parts list. The closest thing in my kit is this motley assortment of similar bolts. I've searched high, low, hither, heather and yon, including, the retrofit service kit and cannot find a callout for anything other than AN6-24s and castle nuts. Is this motley assortment bolts, spacers, and elastomeric nuts intended to hold the engine mount to the fuselage in the manner shown below?

View attachment 61272View attachment 61273View attachment 61274View attachment 61275
There is another version of DWG 46A for the elastomer mount that shows the correct hardware, which looks more like your assortment. A screenshot is attached. You should be able to download the most up-to-date version of the drawings from the Van's online webstore if your aircraft is registered against your userid.

Elastomer Mount.png

There is another version of DWG 46A for the elastomer mount that shows the correct hardware, which looks more like your assortment. A screenshot is attached. You should be able to download the most up-to-date version of the drawings from the Van's online webstore if your aircraft is registered against your userid.

View attachment 61280
Thank you. That is exactly what I am looking for. BTW, I am registered in the online webstore and can download only the old 46A drawing. I received my finishing kit just a month ago and printed version of the old 46A was included.

Thank you. That is exactly what I am looking for. BTW, I am registered in the online webstore and can download only the old 46A drawing. I received my finishing kit just a month ago and printed version of the old 46A was included.
Here is the whole of the drawing 46A PDF attached (the version I have, I'm not sure if there have been any further revisions). There must be something amiss with the Van's system I guess!

Attachments

• 46A_7,9.pdf
    281.6 KB · Views: 14