Larry KMYA

I'm New Here

I'm new to the forum, and am wiring my RV14A. I have full IFR avionics through Advanced Flight Systems. I haven't been able find detailed guidance on routing and securing the bundles through the console. I see there's a "Forward Tunnel Cover" but that would seem to block the routing of all my bundles. Any resources or guidance available ?​

Attachments

• IMG_6955.jpeg
    IMG_6955.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 61

I'm new to the forum, and am wiring my RV14A. I have full IFR avionics through Advanced Flight Systems. I haven't been able find detailed guidance on routing and securing the bundles through the console. I see there's a "Forward Tunnel Cover"​

You might consider contacting Rob or Jonathon at Advanced Flight. They're very knowledgable about RV's. Another avenue might be the Advanced Flight forums, or maybe the Dynon Forums.

You might consider contacting Rob or Jonathon at Advanced Flight. They're very knowledgable about RV's. Another avenue might be the Advanced Flight forums, or maybe the Dynon Forums.
Thanks It’s a little more clear as I review sections 55 & 59. I’ll be working with AFS soon as they build my panel.

Just finished about two months ago. I'd suggest after you receive your panel package to install the ACM, ground bar, shunt, and the remote items. After that I'd suggest running all the loose wires first, then the harnesses. Label everything. Don't install the EFIS until the very end. Add a service loop for the EFIS wiring as you'll be pulling it out to access the ACM area behind. Focus on one item/area at a time and take notes as to what isn't finished. Practice your crimping skills before you start. Have fun.

Larry, I struggled to come up with a way to get all my wires, antennas and pito and static lines up from the tunnel to behind the panel. I ended up putting snap bushings in the forward tunnel, cover and running all of my Iines up to those snap bushings. Ended up being four total snap bushings for everything. I think it worked out pretty good and I don’t have any worries about anything chafing.

Attachments

• IMG_1746.jpeg
    IMG_1746.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 72
Thanks for tips! I should be getting the full package from Advanced next month. By the way, anyone else frustrated that there was no warning that the canopy latch wiring had to go through that tiny gap under the canopy side? I hope I can pull the wire with fishing line!

Thanks for tips! I should be getting the full package from Advanced next month. By the way, anyone else frustrated that there was no warning that the canopy latch wiring had to go through that tiny gap under the canopy side? I hope I can pull the wire with fishing line!
Larry take a piece of safety wire and fish it thru the canopy rails tape on your wires and pull it thru with that