Morepower

As you can see from the photos (I hope), the bottom edge of forward side skin is about 5/16" above the lower edge of the lower longeron. Clecos in about every other hole went in with no issues. Is this normal? (first time trying to post a picture, hope it works)
CcrsKCrrJ5XfpF4z6
?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CcrsKCrrJ5XfpF4z6

Last edited:
You are good. You can see the offset on the detail in DWG 75. It’s to clear the curve of the bottom skin that overlaps it as I recall.

The true test is where your rivet line ends up relative to the inside of the upper flange of the lower forward longeron.

Mine looked like yours. I used a slide micrometer to layout the rivet line at the mid point of the useable surface of the upper flange. But it turned out when I clecoed the skin in place the line was visible and almost perfectly centered in each of the pre punched holes.

Last edited:
This was from my build log.

Before you measure anything, you should cleco the gear tower, the backing plate, the gear steel structure because there could be a lot of things that can move. There is a slight compound curve in the forward section and this is why you are seeing the strap that I used to pull everything tight.

Attachments

• junk.jpg
    junk.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 67
If memory serves, that tab is for alignment and it’s even with the edge. And if your holes are lining up, that’s a good sign.

Attachments

• IMG_1341.jpg
    IMG_1341.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 40
Found a picture that shows the tabs on my build.

Attachments

• IMG_1342.jpg
    IMG_1342.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 56