Toobuilder

Well Known Member
Specifically, the angle of lean. My HR front stick is 180 degrees from the lower pushrod attach, through the main pivot, to the grip. A F1 buddy tells me his leans back but can't quantify the angle. Does anyone have the angle handy? Just looking for the difference between the datum ( pushrod attach and main pivot) and the stick centerline.

Thanks

Kinda busy here...

But I can tell you the stick has a slight bend in it just above the socket (front stick is removable). Memory tells me the bend is about 7 deg. Stick blank is 17? long - owner should trim to fit.

I?m scrambling to get on my way to Reno PRS - gotta travel on Thurs or Fri. If I can remember, I?ll measure the angle.

Thanks Mark. I should be able to get my eyes on one tomorrow. If you don't have the dimension handy, don't put yourself out.

I put an S-bend in mine that moved the top aft about 3".

FWIW, my stomach is flat. Consider your girth before moving it too far aft!! :D

YMMV!

Vince

Looked at one over the weekend that was out of the box stock. Has a 2 inch stub at 180, then a cut/weld to bring the grip back about 2 inches. Is this the standard configuration?

No it?s not

Looked at one over the weekend that was out of the box stock. Has a 2 inch stub at 180, then a cut/weld to bring the grip back about 2 inches. Is this the standard configuration?

No cutting or welding on the stock part. I have seen some that had a second bend near the top - but none welded. Keep in mind the front stick is removable.

Vince might have something new for the F4 Raider?

I?m busy prepping for the Reno PRS - I?ll try to remember to measure one tomorrow, else it?s gonna be 10 days or so before I?ll be back. C?mon up and have a look - the PRS activities close down around 1800 local (check notams for exact timing). I suspect the no-prop-turn-line is still in effect tho.

Got it

The stick is formed about 6" from the bottom - a gentle 20 deg bend. So much for my thinking 7 deg! The builder trims the bottom so there is about 1 1/2" is straight and round so it fits into the lower socket. Also the builder can trim the length, but I suggest doing that after maneuvering near the top of the speed envelope - it takes 'a bit more muscle' - or a longer stick - to maneuver at 175+ KIAS, and the plane will go past that speed laughing.

The stick is made from 7/8" dia 4130 - I think .049 wall.

Keep in mind that the 240KT Vne is actually 240KTAS.

Does this help?