LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
The instructions say to "drill all of the remaining holes (except for the ones for the F-706 bulkhead and the F-718 longerons) to final size.

Then it describes and order of riveting (after dburring etc) that says to rivet the botto skins to the bulkheads and J-channel, and to rivet the side skins to the bulkheadds up to the upper J-channel and to the jchannel itself but no higher.

That, to me, tells me to rivet those side skins all the way up to -- but not including -- the F706 bulkhead.

But if I do that --- and since I haven't been allowed to drill them to final size -- how will I dimple these holes once I HAVE drilled them to final size? The skins will be riveted on and there'll be no access to get a dimpler in there?

Bob
St. Paul

I'm not exactly sure which holes you're referring to.. so I may be off here..

You'll take out F-706 completely, and you'll be able to dimple all of the side/bottom skins etc.. so shouldn't be a problem. The idea is not to permanently attach 706 bulkhead yet.. so it can be removed later on for deburring/dimpling.

Also, skip (do not rivet) TWO forward-most holes in J-channels. (not just one that mates with 706)..