SantosDumont

Well Known Member
I'm at the point where I'm starting to research engines for my 14. The latest threads on the CD-155 or CD-265 are a few years old now... are they any more available or are they still pretty much a certified only option?

There is a "Get a Quote" button on the bottom of their information page. Give it a try & advise us what their response was.

Welp I did get a quote and they came back and told me they?re only selling to OEMs. Guess I gotta find a used one on ebay.

JOSH---its not just the availability of the engines, but there is literally no support for installing one in a 14. You will be on your own! So, unless you are highly proficient in plumbing, fiberglass, metal fabrication, and just like building things then rebuilding them, and then starting over-----you might rethink this. NOT wanting to burst your bubble, but you become the engineer.

OH---what about the prop and other accessories----that can also prove to be a
"challenge".

Email me!
Tom

OSH, 2009, I had the privilege of having an extended conversation with a Cessna engineer at the C-182 V-8 diesel powered model.

The major point I recall, relevant to the referenced 4 cyl. Lycoming diesel is Cessna went to the V-8 configuration to reduce the combustion firing impulse to levels manageable by a propeller.

Don't think propeller tech has advanced that much, wonder what Lyc has done? Maybe the issue is one reason why collaboration is offered?

FWIW